The CSRA Peace Alliance invites all who oppose US support of Israel’s latest attacks on Palestinians in Gaza to vigil at the intersection of 15th St and Walton Way from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Friday, August 8, 2014.
RSVP and share on Facebook
1. Don’t park in the parking lots of nearby businesses. In the neighborhood west of 15th St, street parking is allowed. Park there and walk to the intersection. If you are carpooling, the driver can drop you off in a parking lot and then go park in a legal spot.
2. All signs should reflect the demands, methods and tone of the CSRA Peace Alliance: suspend US aid to Israel, end violence, lift siege on Gaza. The CSRA Peace Alliance is nonviolent in tone and action and does not endorse or advocate any violence. If you are not able to create your own sign, organizers should also have signs.
3. The intersection has 4 corners. Spread out evenly among the 4 corners.
4. Keep a safe distance from the street to avoid collisions with vehicles and don’t obstruct pedestrians using the sidewalks.
5. Do not distract drivers by initiating any conversation with them.
6. If anybody says negative things to you, it is best to ignore them. Contact rally organizers if you see any difficult situation developing.
On Sunday, August 3 at 6 pm, anybody interested in organizing for Palestine solidarity work is invited to attend a meeting for that purpose. Please call/text Ayman at (706) 284-3002 or e-mail for the exact address. The location is near the intersection of Stevens Creek Rd & Evans-to-Lock Rd. — RSVP & Share on Facebook.
Updated July 26, 2014: Picture of some of the people who attended the meeting at Mr. Barrow’s office.
On Thursday, July 24, at 10:00 am, constituents of Representative John Barrow are scheduled to meet with his District Director to call for Representative Barrow to end U.S. aid to Israel and lift the siege of Gaza. The office is located at Enterprise Mill, 1450 Greene Street, Suite 550, Augusta, GA 30901. You can RSVP & Share on Facebook and send a Twitter status update.
The CSRA Peace Alliance invites all who oppose US support of Israel’s latest attacks on Palestinians in Gaza to vigil at the intersection of 15th St and Walton Way from 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm on Friday, July 25, 2014.
RSVP and share on Facebook
On Sunday, July 20 at 6 pm, anybody interested in organizing for Palestine solidarity work is invited to attend a meeting for that purpose. Please call/text Ayman at (706) 284-3002 or e-mail for the exact address. The location is near the intersection of Wrightsboro Rd and Highland Ave. RSVP & Share on Facebook.
Josh Ruebner spoke March 25, 2014 in Evans, GA on his book Shattered Hopes. The length is 26:33.
You can listen to and/or download a recording here.
Updated March 25, 2014. The recording is now available.
Josh Ruebner, author of Shattered Hopes: Obama’s Failure to Broker Israeli-Palestinian Peace, is scheduled to present at the Columbia County West Rotary Club meeting on Tuesday, March 25. Attendees gather-meet at Lewis Memorial United Methodist Church, 5555 Hereford Farm Rd, Evans, GA, at noon and the meeting starts at 12:15. The program starts at 12:45. Guests are welcome. The admission price is $11 to pay for the buffet lunch. Business attire is appropriate. No blue jeans. For planning purposes, RSVP by Monday, March 24 at noon by e-mailing or calling or texting Ayman Fadel at (706) 284-3002. Copies of the book are available for $25 cash, check, or credit card. Share on Facebook. Download, print & post the flier! Continue reading “Josh Ruebner, Shattered Hopes Book Tour, Tue, Mar 25, noon” →