ACTION ALERT: Tell Congress to Cut the Pentagon Budget!
This week the House of Representatives will vote on one of the bills that funds the Pentagon — The National Defense Authorization Act of 2014 (NDAA). Congressmen who believe in cutting Pentagon bloat will offer amendments to rid us of the burden of boondoggles.TAKE ACTION: Tell Congress to Cut the Pentagon Budget!
TAKE ACTION! Email & Call Your Rep!
(Links for email & phone numbers below)
This TUES June 11th is the best Call-In Day... Monday & Wednesday is OK, too.
Rep Mark Sanford (SC-1): https://sanford.house.gov/contact/email-me
Rep Joe Wilson (SC-2) :https://joewilsonforms.house.gov/Forms/WriteYourRep/default.aspx
Rep Jeff Duncan (SC-3) https://jeffduncan.house.gov/contact-me
Rep Trey Gowdy (SC-4) http://gowdy.house.gov/Contact/default.aspx
Rep Mick Mulvaney (SC-5) https://forms.house.gov/mulvaney/webforms/zipauthen_contact.shtml
Rep Jim Clyburn (SC-6): https://forms.house.gov/clyburn/zipauth.shtml
Don’t know your Congressman? Outside SC? Go here: house.gov
WHAT TO ASK FOR:
The National Defense Authorization Act is coming up for a vote this week.
- Please support upcoming amendments that cut the Pentagon budget without affecting troop benefits.
- Congress is set to spending more on the Pentagon than they ask for… some $640 million.
- Wasteful Pentagon spending has gone unchecked.
- Please cut the Pentagon budget by:
- Drawing down our presence in Afghanistan and ending the war there.
- Reducing our nuclear weapons arsenal. Cold War levels of nuclear weapons are unnecessary. Example, Tridents subs can be cut back from 14 to 8. Cutting back the Trident sub fleet would save $30 billion just on replacement subs in the future.
- Reduce our troops and bases abroad.
- Cut wasteful weapons programs such as the way over budget F-35 jet and a half a billion $ for Abrams tanks the Pentagon doesn’t want.
- Thank your Rep and remind him you will be watching how he votes.