The Carolina Peace Resource Center is offering Fall 2016 Organizing Internships. Interested in learning all the angles of an activist non-profit organization? Want to work on cutting the military budget, mideast peace or nuclear issues? Do you have a passion for non-violent social change? Then this internship is for you. USC Students can earn 3 credit hours for a semester-long internship. We are specifically looking for: Nuclear/Environmental Issues, Mideast Peace, Social Justice.
PRIORITY DEADLINE TO APPLY: Sunday May 15th, 2016. Applications considered on a rolling basis thereafter.
For application & more info, click “Read More”
Spring Organizing Internships* Important Information
- Open to students and non-students.
- $500 Stipend
- 5-10 hours per week
- Up to 3 USC Credit Hours (50 hours of internship work per credit hour) We will pursue credit for students at other educational institutions but can make no promises of credit hours.
- Internship will be a combination of issue focus and general work. We will consider issue focus areas in addition to the ones listed above (e.g. Environment & Clean Energy, Immigration Justice, etc. etc.)
- We attempt to tailor internships to your interests and skills, so don’t be bashful about your interests.
APPLICATION: 2 Items
1. Volunteer Information (copy and paste below Volunteer Information Form below into email, provide answers in whatever form is most convenient for you.)
2. Short essay (a few paragraphs, no more than one page) describing your qualifications and interests. Can include what you would like to learn/ what issues you would like to work on and how.
Submit to: david[@]carolinapeace.org
PRIORITY DEADLINE TO APPLY: Sunday May 15, 2016 Applications considered on a rolling basis thereafter.
For more information on applying for these internships, contact:
Carolina Peace: david[@]carolinapeace.org / Peaceline (803) 216-1448 (Leave a message)
VOLUNTEER INFORMATION FORM
City: ____________________________ State: ____________ Zip: ___________________
Congressional District (if you know it): ______________________
Phone (s): _______________________________________________________________
AVAILABILITY Please list hours you are available/ cross out days unavailable/ circle best days.
ISSUES INTERESTED IN WORKING ON:
o Opposing War/Military Interevention
o Mideast Peace (Israel/Palestine)
o Preventing War with Iran
o Cutting the Pentagon Budget
o Racial Justice/Black Lives Matter
o Nuclear Issues (Disarmament, Power )
o Global Justice (peace issues everywhere)
o Green Issues
o Immigration Reform
o Wherever Needed
OTHERS: (What Did We Miss?)
HELPFUL SKILLS OR RESOURCES:
WAYS YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER/ ANYTHING ELSE WE SHOULD KNOW: __________________________________________________________________________